What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
We believe pizza is a gift from the gods, especially when it’s topped with caramelized onions, creamy Gorgonzola cheese and crispy kale—not to mention all of these yummy toppings are sitting on a gold mine of ‘good gluten’ when prepared using our einkorn pizza dough recipe. Every ingredient makes this chicken sausage pizza recipe a total flavor jackpot!
If you’ve never caramelized onions before, we’ve got you covered! It involves a super simple technique and we have a video that shows you exactly how to do it. Once you learn how easy it is, you’ll caramelize onions for all of your favorite recipes (especially our easy skillet chicken).
Not ready to try einkorn? No worries. You can make this same mouth-watering flavor combination on homemade pizza dough, made with traditional all-purpose flour. It’s just as yummy!
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and is not intended for those with celiac disease.
Einkorn Chicken Sausage Pizza Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Make einkorn pizza dough according to the recipe.
- Remove the pizza dough balls from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature while making the topping. Place a pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Remove the casings from the sausage and brown until no pink remains, breaking up the sausage as it cooks. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the caramelized onions, sausage, Gorgonzola cheese and mozzarella cheese into 6 portions. Finely chop the kale leaves.
- One at a time, roll out each dough ball to a 12" circle. Transfer to a rimless cookie sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Use your fingertips to dimple the dough to help make it crispy. Then top the pizzas with mozzarella, caramelized onion, sausage, Gorgonzola cheese and sprinkle with chopped kale and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Transfer the pizzas to the hot oven. Jiggle the cookie sheet to make sure they are loose on top of the cornmeal. Then slide the pizzas onto the hot pizza stone. Bake for 7–8 minutes. Slide the cookie sheet back under the pizzas to remove from the oven. Transfer to a cutting board, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese if desired, slice and enjoy.