What is einkorn flour?
Watch our video and find out.
Our recipe for quick and easy sandwich bread is literally the best invention since sliced bread. Furthermore, it’s made with einkorn flour, which is a nutritional powerhouse when it comes to getting the most out of your meal.
Einkorn is helpful for those with gluten sensitivities or intolerances and not intended for those with celiac disease.
Quick and Easy Einkorn Sandwich Bread
what you'll need
let's do it
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add flour and salt and stir until it begins to come together. Turn dough out onto a floured counter, flour your hands then knead for about 2 minutes, until you have a smooth dough. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. As dough rests, the flour will become stickier because it’s absorbing the liquid. NOTE: We strongly recommend you weigh your einkorn flour, if possible, for better accuracy. If you don’t have a scale, fluff the flour with a fork before you measure it in a cup.
- After dough has rested, knead for another minute or two. Don’t be tempted to over-flour the dough at this point. It should remain sticky.
- Form dough into a ball then place in a large oven-proof glass bowl that has been heavily coated with butter. Add 4 tsp of olive oil to the bottom of the bowl then toss to coat both sides in oil. Cover with a clean towel and let rise for about 40 minutes. It does not need to double in size like traditional dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. When the oven is hot, place the bowl in the oven and bake 35 minutes. The bread will sound hollow when tapped and be at an internal temperature of 200 degrees. Invert the bread onto a rack and let it cool.
- Slice and use for your favorite sandwich.