Our fundido chorizo queso dip recipe is just like the appetizer you get at your favorite neighborhood bar and grill but less expensive and super easy to make!
If you want to add another dimension of flavor to this already-wonderful dip, then just sprinkle in your favorite brand of hot sauce. An alternative is to leave the hot sauce bottle by the bowl so guests can customize the flavor according to their heat preference.
Mexican chorizo can be found in the meat department of your local grocery. You can select pork or beef, or, in some health food stores, you can even find chicken chorizo!
Fundido Chorizo Queso Dip Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- Place a large skillet over medium heat then add chorizo. Cook chorizo, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for about 3–4 minutes then add onion and jalapeño.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until chorizo is completely cooked and onion is translucent. Spoon as much excess oil from the skillet as possible.
- Add beer then stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle flour over the grated cheeses and toss to coat the cheese in the flour. Begin adding the cheese to the skillet, one handful at a time, stirring until each addition has melted before adding the next.
- Continue stirring over medium-low heat until all cheese has melted, then remove from heat and stir in hot sauce.
- Transfer queso to a serving bowl or serve right from the skillet topped with chopped tomato and cilantro.