We guarantee you’re gonna love mamma Peggy’s simple slow cooker beef roast recipe! It’s so easy to prepare and your slow cooker does all the heavy lifting while you enjoy your day out of the kitchen.
We used chuck roast to ensure a dish packed with flavor and slow cooked it so it will melt in your mouth. You don’t even have to mix spices as we’ve used prepared spice packets.
Slow Cooker Beef Roast Recipe
- 1 - 2 onions
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 envelope ranch dressing seasoning, about 7 tsp
- 1 envelope Italian dressing seasoning, about 7 tsp
- minced garlic, to taste
- black pepper, to taste, little or no added salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- Slice 1-2 onions into quarters. Place on bottom of slow cooker. Place roast on top.
- Combine ranch and Italian dressing packets then sprinkle evenly over roast. Add pepper and garlic to taste but avoid additional salt.
- Pour just enough beef broth to cover half way up the side of the roast.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low, turning over half way through.
- Place roast on cutting board once done. Slice thinly against the grain and serve.
If using a Dutch oven, simply follow our recipe and set oven to 275 degrees. Cook for 4 hours and flip the roast over once.