Serve an entrée salad heavy on all your favorite fixin’s with this Tex-Mex chopped chicken salad recipe!
We used rotisserie chicken to add protein then combined finely chopped lettuce with all of our favorite southwest-inspired ingredients.
We easily achieved the simple Tex-Mex flavor by combining taco seasoning and ranch dressing. Amp up the heat with diced jalapeños, green chiles or red pepper flakes then add cilantro and lime for brightness and crushed tortilla chips for texture.
Toasted pumpkin seeds, avocado, cubed cheese and beans really gussy up the finished product. Serve this chopped chicken salad recipe for any occasion, and if you have leftovers, it makes a great weekday lunch!
Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe
what you'll need
- 3 cups chicken cooked, cooled and diced
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped, about 1 head
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 4-5 green onions sliced
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese or pepper jack, cut into ¼" cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- jalapeño diced, toasted pumpkin seeds, diced avocado or jicama for garnish (optional)
let's do it
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing then refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
One Last Thing