Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad
Serve this Tex Mex Chopped Chicken Salad as a protein heavy entrée salad full of all your favorite fixin’s! Full of flavor and keeps you full all day long – what more could you ask for from a salad?
We used rotisserie chicken to add protein then combined finely chopped lettuce with all of our favorite southwest-inspired ingredients. This couldn’t be an easier salad to throw together when you want all the flavor of tacos AND the healthy benefits of a salad.
We easily achieved the simple Tex-Mex flavor by combining taco seasoning and ranch dressing. It couldn’t be more easy to make and adds SO much yummy flavor to any salad. Amp up the heat with diced jalapeños, green chiles or red pepper flakes then add cilantro and lime for brightness and crushed tortilla chips for texture.
Toasted pumpkin seeds, avocado, cubed cheese and beans really gussy up the finished product. Serve this easy salad recipe for any occasion, and if you have leftovers, it makes a great weekday lunch!
Tex Mex Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe Tips:
+ Don’t have taco seasoning on hand? Use our easy recipe here to throw one together based on what you probably have in the pantry.
+ If you’re meal prepping this salad, make sure not to mix in the dressing until you’re ready to eat.
Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, cooled and diced
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped, about 1 head
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, or pepper jack, cut into ¼” cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- jalapeño, diced, toasted pumpkin seeds, diced avocado or jicama for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing then refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.