Kale, white beans and quinoa are some of our favorite ingredients! Throw them all together, and you have a warm winter recipe for white bean quinoa soup with kale.
This soup is a home run because it is broth-y enough to get the satisfaction of soup yet hearty enough to embody the satisfaction of a stew. Just whip up a big batch for a cold, winter day and freeze the rest for later.
Your taste buds will go bananas with the texture and flavor of this soup. Warm white beans, hearty and healthy quinoa and leafy kale infused with chicken broth and herbs make this soup rich and robust in taste. This recipe is perfect to serve as a lunch entrée or dinner main course.
This tasty white bean quinoa soup is yummy, full of antioxidants, super easy to prepare, and even better the second time around. If you’re like us, and want great tasting meals you can serve more than once, give this recipe a try!
White Bean Quinoa Soup Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 - 15 oz cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 - 15 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup packed kale coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
let's do it
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and sauté 6 minutes until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic, oregano, bay leaf and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 min stirring constantly.
- Pour in the rinsed beans, tomatoes with their juice, and chicken broth then bring to a boil. Add the rinsed quinoa and stir. Turn the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes to combine flavors and cook the quinoa.
- Remove lid and stir in chopped kale. Season to taste and serve immediately. Enjoy!