Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
There’s just something about PF Changs Lettuce Wraps that keep you coming back for more. So it’s no surprise that we couldn’t help but make our own copycat version! These deliciously irresistible PF Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps make an easy (and healthy) meal that you can really enjoy any day! Whether you’re making these as an appetizer for a crowd or serving them up as the main course, you can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe. It also doesn’t hurt that it comes together in minutes! Oh, and we can’t forget to mention that our copycat PF Chang’s lettuce wraps sauce is absolutely incredible and can be used on ground turkey or ground beef as well.
Whole 30 Friendly Recipe
This recipe was made with Whole 30 and Paleo diets in mind and tastes just as good! We used whole, real food ingredients to make this Whole 30 friendly, and it takes less than 15 minutes to make – we call that a weeknight dinner WIN!
Serve the ground chicken filling inside lettuce wraps or on top of cauliflower rice for a complete meal. This copycat PF Chang’s lettuce wraps recipe also warms up amazing, so you can make a big batch of filling and enjoy it for the full week. Enjoy as an appetizer on Sunday, and then enjoy for lunch the next day.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe Tips:
- Butter lettuce is the ideal type of lettuce for these wraps but if you can’t find it, you can use whatever you can get your hands on.
- Like things spicy? Add red chili pepper flakes for an extra little kick.
- If your lettuce wraps sauce is too thin just add a bit more of the arrowroot starch to thicken things up.
- This filling can be refrigerated for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Love lettuce wraps? Try a few of our other favorites here!
Copycat PF Chang's Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- 1 lb ground chicken
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- butter lettuce, to serve
- green onions, to serve
- sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the ground chicken and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through.
- Push the chicken to the side and add the sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Saute for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then mix with the ground chicken.
- Add the water chestnuts, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, arrowroot starch slurry, and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Let cool for 5 minutes to continue thickening before serving.
- Serve inside butter lettuce cups and toss with green onion and sesame seeds if desired.