If you’re looking for an easy mashed potato and gravy recipe this season, we have you covered! Mashed potatoes and gravy are an absolute must when it comes to the holiday menu. After all, what’s better than a big serving of fluffy mashed potatoes with a well full of decadent, rich gravy? These instant pot mashed potatoes are a great way to quickly cook your potatoes (in 7 minutes in fact), saving you time and dishes when you’re hosting for the holidays – allowing you to enjoy the day, too!
This instant pot mashed potato recipe is dairy-free and tastes amazing with our homemade vegan mushroom gravy – can you say yum?! Serve it alongside this dairy-free green bean casserole and our vegan dinner rolls for the perfect healthy Thanksgiving menu!
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe Tips
- Using an instant pot makes this recipe quick and easy, but you can also just throw the potatoes in a slow cooker if that’s what you have on hand! (Cook for 4-5 hours on high.)
- Gold potatoes give these mashed potatoes a yummy, buttery texture, but you can definitely substitute russets or even red potatoes if you prefer.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lb gold potatoes, quartered
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1.5 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine the quartered potatoes and vegetable broth in the instant pot and secure the lid in the sealing position. Set the Instant Pot to steam and set the time for 7 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, heat the dairy-free milk and butter in a small saucepan until just before it simmers. Remove from the heat.
- When the instant pot time is up, use the quick release function. After the quick release finishes, remove the lid carefully.
- Add the heated milk mixture, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mash until you reach the desired consistency for mashed potatoes. We like a few chunks!
Check out a few more of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes here!