High Protein Spinach Artichoke Dip
Dips are one of our favorite appetizers when hosting. There’s just something about a warm, bubbly, cheesy dip piled high on a chip that nothing else can quite compete with. However, they also tend to be not so healthy and that can be challenging when you’re watching your calories. That’s why we made this High Protein Spinach Artichoke Dip. Greek yogurt and low fat cream cheese are the perfect base for this high protein snack recipe for weight loss. Plus it’s got a big serving of spinach so you’re getting your vitamins in too.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Adding high protein meals and snacks to your game day or holiday party lineup is a great way to make sure the meal stays balanced. This is because you’re eating snack foods that will actually fill you up, and not leave you wanting more during half time of the game.
This easy macro friendly snack can also be great for meal prep. You can serve up this high protein spinach artichoke dip with some baby carrots and snap peas for a delicious lunch or afternoon snack that keeps you full and helps you hit your protein goal for the day. (Remember we’re trying to get about 1 gram of protein for every 1lb of our desired weight goal.)
High Protein Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe Tips:
+ You can substitute frozen spinach here. Thaw it out and then wrap it in a paper towel and wring out the excess moisture. This step is super important or your dip will be too watery.
+ Want a little heat? Add some red pepper flakes on top to kick things up a notch.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 13 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 oz package low fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the shallot and saute, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is mostly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and saute until wilted, about 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, yogurt, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Fold in the spinach and shallot mixture. Fold in the artichokes. Spread the mixture into a baking dish.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the pan and therefore the thickness of the dip, until bubbling lighty on the sides and golden on top.
- Remove from heat, let cool for about 3-5 minutes, then serve with more parmesan cheese on top and tortilla chips to dip.