We eat with our eyes first, so needless to say it must look delish before we even take a bite. Coleslaw is no different. Combining two colors of cabbage plus the unexpected addition of salty bacon and spicy jalapeno makes for a vibrant and playful dish.
When preparing, the yogurt cools down the heat from the jalapeno, but if a little more taming is needed, remove the jalapeno seeds before adding it into the coleslaw. Reduce the lingering smell of bacon by cooking the bacon in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Also, keep the vegetables crisp by tossing them in the dressing right before serving.
Bacon jalapeno spicy coleslaw recipe
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, more or less depending on how creamy you like your slaw
- juice of a lemon
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Whisk yogurt and lemon juice together in bowl to create dressing.
- Add cabbages, carrots, jalapeno and feta to bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Top with crumbled bacon just before serving. Enjoy!
Make a simple burger or grilled hot dog into a gourmet dish by topping it with this yummy coleslaw!