Easy Chocolate Mousse
Whip up restaurant-quality mousse in minutes with this deliciously decadent and easy chocolate mousse recipe.
Made with 5 simple ingredients, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with grated chocolate swirls, it is sure to be a hit!
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Whisk together egg yolks, 2 Tbsp sugar and ¾ cup heavy cream in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, approximately 3-4 minutes (be careful not to overcook; remove from heat when mixture sticks to back of spoon).
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Strain and allow mixture to cool.
- With electric mixer whisk remaining heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside and refrigerate 1 cup of whipped cream for mousse topping.
- When chocolate mixture is completely cool, gently fold in non-topping whipped cream.
- Carefully fill serving containers and refrigerate, a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving, add small dollop of whipped cream and a grated chocolate!