If you’re looking to up your coleslaw game, this is the way to do it. Our spicy coleslaw recipe with jalapeños and pineapple is cool, creamy, slightly sweet, and perfectly spicy. YUM. Nothing can really beat the combination of jalapeños and fruit (hello – have you ever had a spicy marg?!) Serve this coleslaw alongside some Whole 30 buffalo chicken or lettuce-wrapped burgers for a meal that’s perfect for any day of the week.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
At the heart of this spicy coleslaw recipe is a Whole 30 approved, avocado-based mayo. Our favorite is from Primal Kitchen and made with avocado oil. The texture is exactly like classic mayo, but lighter and even more flavorful. Even if you aren’t following a specific diet type, once you try this mayo you may never go back to the “original.”
Spicy Coleslaw Recipe Tips:
- You can make this recipe vegan by using vegan mayo instead.
- You can also use fresh jalapeños if you prefer.
- Store the sauce in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you make it ahead of time, wait to mix in the coleslaw mix so it doesn’t get soggy.
Spicy Coleslaw Recipe
what you'll need
- 2 bags pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 14 oz can diced pineapple drain but save 4 tbsp
- 1 cup pickled hot jalapeño peppers roughly chopped, save 2 tbsp of the liquid
- 1 cup avocado mayo
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
let's do it
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded coleslaw mix, the drained pineapples, and the chopped jalapenos. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, black pepper, 4 tbsp pineapple juice from the can, and 2 tbsp jalapeno liquid from the jar. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture and toss until evenly coated and completely combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- Toss before serving.