Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
Simple roasted cauliflower takes center stage alongside a homemade vegan cheese sauce in these delicious Vegan Cauliflower Tacos. This dish can become a complete meal with extra veggies or a plate of rice and beans on the side. We love the simplicity of these vegan tacos because they are easy to make and require just a few pantry staples and fresh ingredients.
Cashews and almond milk make up the base of the cheese sauce in these vegan cauliflower tacos, so it’s smooth and creamy. Nutritional yeast is another key ingredient here. If you’re not familiar with nutritional yeast, it’s a pantry staple and can be found in most health food stores. It has a nutty, cheesy flavor, making it an amazing cheese substitute in many vegan recipes. Learn more about nutritional yeast and check out our Nutritional Yeast Popcorn Recipe here.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
If you follow a vegan diet or just want to incorporate a few more plant-based meals into your weekly routine, be sure to check out some of our other favorite vegan recipes !
Vegan Cauliflower Tacos Recipe Tips:
+ Try roasting sweet potatoes instead of cauliflower for a different (and still delicious) veggie taco.
+ Add any other toppings if desired. We also love pickled jalapenos or diced avocado.
Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
Vegan Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Corn tortillas
- Mixed greens
- Crispy onions
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower, starch, avocado oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper until fully incorporated.
- Spread the cauliflower onto the baking sheet evenly. Roast for about 15 minutes until tender, then broil for about 2-3 minutes to char a bit.
- While the cauliflower roasts, make the cashew sauce by combining all of the cashew cheese ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend on high, about 1-2 minutes until completely smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a light simmer then remove from the heat.
- To assemble the tacos, heat the tortillas if desired. Place mixed greens, roasted cauliflower, drizzle of cashew cheese, crispy onion straws, and cilantro on top to serve.