Keto Burger Bowls
Traditional burgers, as mouth-watering as they are, tend to be served between two buns. Which means they’re not ideal if you’re trying to eat a low carb diet. As a keto-friendly spin-off, we took all the burger toppings you loved and put them on a bed of lettuce instead. These keto burger bowls still hit on all the same flavors, gaining traction from juicy ground beef, fresh onion and tomatoes, briny pickles, and whatever else you love on a burger. And bonus: you can pile on as much as you want, naturally, as there’s no risk of toppings falling off when you go in for a big bite. A savory burger sauce is all we needed for a finishing flourish.
This savory burger sauce is a great way to add flavor and acts as a dressing for the lettuce. If you like spice, consider adding a few drops of hot sauce or sriracha to it!
Keto Burger Bowls Recipe Tips:
+ Omit or change any of the topping ingredients as desired. Bacon crumbles, jalapeños, and mushrooms are also delicious here.
+ Store the beef mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keto Burger Bowls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp splenda or monk fruit sweetener, optional
- Small pinch of salt and pepper
- Make the burger sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Place in the fridge while you make the beef.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the avocado oil. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and the mustard. Stir and remove from the heat.
- To assemble the burger bowl, place a large handful of mixed greens into your bowl. Follow with some of the ground beef mixture, red onion, avocado, cheese, pickles, and tomatoes. Drizzle with a bit of the burger sauce to top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to finish.