As the weather cools down, our minds turn to one thing – soups! There are so many different variations on this cold-weather staple. You could choose a healthy soup like our Whole 30 Zuppa Toscana, Red Lentil and Vegetable Soup, or even our White Bean and Kale Soup. On the other hand, you could pick something hearty, filling, and satisfying like our Mac and Cheese Beer Soup, Lasagna Soup, or Broccoli Cheese Soup. Today, we’re introducing a new recipe that is sure to be added to your list of favorites – Cheeseburger Soup!
Our cheeseburger soup combines all the flavors of your favorite meal into a delicious soup that’s filling, full of flavor, and won’t derail your entire diet.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe Tips
+ We love the spice the jalapeño adds in this recipe, but if you want to turn down the heat, substitute it with green pepper.
+ This soup heats up really well. You can even freeze it for future meals.
+ When you make this recipe in a dutch oven, it’s easy to move it from the stove to the fridge, and back to the stove to heat up leftovers. We love this cocottte from Staub.
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Dice up onion, pepper, and potatoes. Mince garlic.
- Brown ground beef in a dutch oven or deep pot with lid. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pepper and potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese, beef broth, and Rotel tomatoes.
- Put the lid on and cook for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with optional cheddar cheese and scallions.